Friday, June 28, 2013

NYC Trip Recap

If you follow me on Instagram @SUCRESHOP you know that my days are filled with ice cream, desserts, DIYs and an occasional fun trip. I just got back from a fun work trip to NYC and am sharing some highlights!
So many fun parts to the city! This is outside a farmer's market in Brooklyn.
It's a whole different world from where I live, and that's what makes it so inspiring! Click through to see my favorite moments.

Living in St. Louis, I drive from place to place (dropping kids off at camp, to work and meetings, and home). So I adore walking through New York and accidentally coming across the most amazing building or park or store. I am so inspired by all the creativity there and often just wander, not sure where I'll end up, knowing I'll come across something amazing. That's exactly what happened when I came across the Jonathan Adler store where I saw these super funky, cool mirrors:


I also go check out stores that carry Sucre Shop, like Greenwich Letterpress. It's an independent card/gift shop with a really cool vibe.


Then there are the bigger stores, the things I read about on blogs and online that I love to check out and experience for myself. Kate Spade Saturday stores aren't stores at all! They're store fronts with enormous touch screens you use to shop! They offer free delivery anywhere in the city in an hour. I couldn't resist!


Always happy to see the homeware goods at Anthropologie stores. Anthropologie's sister stores Terrain and BHLDN are carrying Sucre Shop ice cream spoons in their Summer collections, so I feel a little kinship with Anthropologie.


 Another sweet find at Anthro.

We grabbed lunch one day from Eataly - the most amazing panini with super fresh ingredients - and brought it outside to sit at Madison Square Park. Just outside was the most amazing set up, a nice shady spot to sit, covered by hundreds of brightly colored umbrellas!


My visit to C. Wonder's flagship store was so much fun! They ordered a great pattern from us for their Summer line, and I just super excited to see that they created a set of ice cream toppings with labels that match our ice cream spoons.


Oh, here's the cute little delivery man who brought the super cool striped umbrella I got from Kate Spade Saturday. He brought it to the bar we were sitting at. Now that's service.


The Renegade craft fair was in Brooklyn Saturday and Sunday so I got check out what's new and shop around at the show. It was SO HOT outside, but still fun to walk around and find some new cool artists! 

After sweltering at Renegade, a friend and I stopped in at the Wythe hotel for lunch. This hotel is my fave, hoping I can manage to stay there next visit.


I've been reading about custom candies folks are having made at Papa Bubble and thought I should check it out for myself. If you haven't heard of it yet, go to their website now and check it out! Papa Bubble is just great. They have these ring pops unlike anything I've ever seen. This photo doesn't do justice to this huge and gorgeous heart lolly!


 And finally, a walk on the Highline to wind down my whirlwind trip. People's Pops has a new book out I just checked out last week, so it was fun to see them set up in the City. Too bad I couldn't try one, but I was completely out of cash! Total tragedy.
 My last stop before heading to the airport, suitcase in tow, was at Martha Stewart Living omnimedia headquarters. I've had several chances to work with them the last few months and was thrilled to be invited to visit by Darcy Miller, editorial director for Martha Stewart Weddings. Oh it was fab! I got shown around by Anthony, from her team, got to hang with them, see the supply rooms and talk shop. What a dreamy place!

Well, that's about all the highlights.Tell me about YOUR favorite spots to go so I can head there next time!

xo,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment